My short story

The Secret of the Golden Key.

By: Chloe

There once was a girl named Autumn, she loved to play in her pond near her house. One day Autumn was down at the pond and she saw a shiny gold key. She picked it up and ran back to her house. When she got home she could not open her front door with her key so she tried ringing the door bell yet she got no answer. She thought it was her brother playing a trick so she tried the golden key. The door unlocked but when Autumn opened the door there waskey to my heart a big black dog siting right in front of her as if it was waiting for her. She was startled by a young girl running towards her so she slammed the door shut. She tried her original key again. It worked! She then ran up to her room and hid the key.

Creative Commons License Glückstadt || Fotografie via Compfight

The next morning she woke up to a bird chirping, the sun was shining in through her window, and she heard her mother call for breakfast. Autumn ran downstairs and ate breakfast. Then she remembered the golden key and she ran back up to her room but when she looked were she had put the key it wasn’t there. So she carried on with her day until she went down to the pond and she saw the same golden key. So being the adventurous kid she was she picked up the key. She went to her front door and opened it up with the golden key. She then saw the same black dog and the little girl running toward her. Instead of slamming the door she waited till the little girl got there. The little girl said ” Your here Your here.” Autumn was confused because she had never met this girl in her life. So Autumn asked ” Who are you and how do you know me?” The little girl was about to speak when a boy about Autumns age was running towards the door. The boy said “Come on Bella we have to go home.” The boy then looked up at Autumn  in confusion. He paused for a brief moment and then said “Who are you miss?” Autumn said ” My name is Autumn, whats yours?” The boy said “My name is Sam and this is Bella” For some reason Autumn thought she had heard that name before but shes never seen them before. Autumn was about to ask the little boy why the key opened this door but just as she was about to Sam said “Would you like to come in.”

Autumn thought it was not a good idea to go with a stranger she only just met but again being the adventurous girl she was  she said ” Sure but I have a few questions.” So Sam and Bella moved away from the door way. As Autumn stepped in a bird flew past her she was frightened and amused at the same time. “Its beautiful” Autumn said. Sam said ” It is a magical world were we live.” Autumn said ” Were do you guys live?” Bella said “Come on i’ll show you.” They started walking towards a huge bright gold house. When they reached the front door of the golden house Bella said “My mom said that she was waiting for you. I’ll introduce you to her she is so sweet. Autumn said ” Sure, but how did she know I would come here someday?” Bella said ” I don’t know but she wants to meet you in person. Follow me.” As Autumn walked through the door way she noticed that the key hole matched up with the golden key looked like. Autumn saw a lady with brownish hair sitting in a chair, the lady had a dog sitting next to her, it was the black dog she had saw before. The black dog came towards Autumn, It started barking and the lady said “Sit Luna.” Then she said “Hello i’m Katarina but you can call me Kat. You must be Autumn?” Autumn said “Hello Kat. Yes, I am Autumn, but how do you know my name?” Kat said ” How doesn’t anyone know your name. You will be the savior of our city.” Autumn was surprised when she said that. ” But I’m just a girl who found a key by her pond. I’m not a savior at all. Kat asked ” Do you have a mother named Shea?” Autumn’s eyes widened when Kat said that.” H-H-How do you know that?” Autumn stuttered. ” I know that because your mother is my sister.

As Autumn realized what Kat had said, Autumn thought that she had been lied to her whole life, her mom never told her she had an aunt. Autumn looked up at Kat and said ” Why didn’t mother tell me about you?” Kat facial expression turned from happy to sad. ‘The last time I saw your mother was when we were both fourteen. We were best friends but one day our mother separated us and then sent your mother to the regular world so that she could grow up and have a normal life,” said Kat with a sad tone in her voice. Then  why didn’t you go to.” said Autumn. “I didn’t go because I had already gained my full magic powers but your mother hadn’t but she was about to so my mother pushed her through the door way and threw the key out not knowing were it had landed. After all that my mother died two days later and she told me to tell my sister , your mother, that she loved her.” said Kat. Autumn said ” That’s so sad. so you haven’t seen my mother since then?” Autumn turned to Bella and Sam and said ” Why did you guys bring me here? Why not my mother?” Sam said ” We brought you her because your the savior not you mother.” Autumn thought for a second then said ” How do you know I’m the savior?” Bella and Sam looked at each other and then Bella said ” We know you are the savior because the savior is the daughter of the only girl who went to the mortal land and never came back. But her daughter would find the key by a pond. Did you find the key near or in a pond?” Autumn was shocked to hear that because she did. “y-y-yes b-b-but how d-did you know?” Autumn answered. Kat said “We know that, happened because that was what was suppose to happen.”

Kat then turned to the fireplace and said to Autumn “Come on let me show you something.” Kat pushed one of the bricks in and a pathway opened up. Kat said ” Bring the golden key with you.” Autumn shook her head yes. They stepped into the dark pathway. Kat snapped her fingers and the whole tunnel lit up. Autumn was amazed by what Kat had just done. As they reached the end of the tunnel there was a white glowing figure. Kat tried using her magic but for some odd reason it didn’t work. Then all of a sudden Autumn eyes turned purple and her hair turned white then she looked up at the figure and the figure floated away. Kat turned to Autumn and watched as her white hair slowly  turned back to brown. ” Did I just do that?” asked Autumn. “So your powers are you can control creatures. Thats great!” said  Kat. Bella and Sam were right behind Kat and Autumn when they were in the tunnel.

It had took them almost an hour to get through the tunnel, but when they reached the end there was a platform with a key shaped hole one it. Autumn told Sam ” Give me the key ill do it.” So Sam gave Autumn the key and then he said ” Be careful.” Autumn climbed up a rope that led to the platform. Then she placed the key in the hole and the door flew right open. Then Autumn woke up in her bed and sat up and thought to herself “Was that a dream?” Creative Commons License craig Cloutier via Compfight

who's home

Do you think all of that was a dream or did she really go there? leave a comment on what you think.

Other short stories